[3830] CQWW SSB K8MFO SOSB/10 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Oct 31 12:29:45 EDT 2013

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: K8MFO
Operator(s): K8MFO
Station: K8MFO

Class: SOSB/10 HP
QTH: OHIO

Total: 1851    35      133  Total Score = 896,448

Club: East Lansing DX Club

Comments:

Even though SSB is not my game, it was impossible to not join this party with
it's fantastic 10 meter conditions.   In fact, I never moved the band switch
off my favorite band!

With up to 900 KC in use at the same time, piled wall to wall, search and
pounce was more than difficult.   So I spent a lot of time running high in the
band, as did a lot of others!    There were some very nice surprises calling in
like 5 different VU2 stations,  a BY, VR2, JD1, V7, and scores of others.
I'll have to admit that I had a RIOT.

Hope that CW weekend conditions are the same.

K-3,  AL-1200 amplifier with Mosley PRO-67B at 118 feet.    For the Caribbean
and South America, I used the driven element of a Mosley TA-33 at 48 feet.
Never missed even one station I called with either antenna.

73

Don K8MFO