[3830] TnQP AD8J/M SO MobileMixed HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Sep 2 21:18:57 EDT 2013

                    Tennessee QSO Party

Call: AD8J/M
Operator(s): AD8J
Station: AD8J/M

Class: SO MobileMixed HP
QTH: 7 counties
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:   88      0
   40:  319     34
   20:  142     13
   15:    1      1
-----------------------------------
Total:  550     48      0     136  Total Score = 237,656

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

No thunderstorms in the part of the state I operated from.  Everything worked FB
in the KW mobile.  One operator error when I stepped in a pile of dung just
prior to the contest.  Ended up putting my shoes and that floor mat in the
trunk and operated the whole contest barefoot.  Only became a problem as I made
the switch from the driver's seat, around the car and into the passenger's seat
at each operating location.  Tried making the switch a few times over the
console but that was a bit much for this OM after sitting and operating for an
hour.  In hindsight, I should have moved some stations to 15 meters for
additional mults.  Just hated to leave the pile and the good rates.  I did see
the rate meter hit 205/hr briefly but it was usually in the 120 to 140 range
until things started to dry up in each county.  OM2VL was the loudest of the EU
stations and usually louder than most of the US stations in the pile.