[3830] NA Sprint CW K0EU HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Sep 8 00:11:35 EDT 2013

                    NA Sprint CW Contest - September

Call: K0EU
Operator(s): K0EU
Station: K0EU

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: CO

   80:   83       2
   40:  126      12
   20:  124      33
---------------------

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Team: Rockies

Comments:

Arrgh! Started out wrestling with a "PTT ERROR" on the K-3's when I
would send CQ on second radio. Must be something to do with high power because
never had the problem running barefoot in Thursday night sprints. Didn't see
the problem when testing things out this week. Only remedy was to shut down
N1MM and restart. Not a good solution. Started sniffing around in the setups
and checked a box to "Use both hardware and software PTT"...voila!
That fixed it but I have no clue as to why. Never could catch up with the rest
and I'm sure that ruined any chance of top ten. Still a fun night. Thanks W0HXB
Pete for your number 10 and I'm sure a rare Nebraska mult. Never heard team
member WC7S in Wyoming, but worked KO7X/M who is normally in Wyoming but chose
to operate from the rare "CA" multiplier instead.

73
Randy K0EU