[3830] NCCC Sprint K0EU LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Sep 12 23:14:35 EDT 2013

                    NCCC Sprint - Sep 13

Call: K0EU
Operator(s): K0EU
Station: K0EU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CO

   80:   3      3
   40:  13     10
   20:  14     11
Total:  30     24  Total Score = 720

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

Whew..nothing like sending with a straight key to humble this op. Was a lot of
fun. Would have been even more fun if I had checked my 80M antenna ahead of
time. Somehow the connector under the desk worked loose. Lost 4 minutes of
QSO's trying to figure out what Murphy had done.

I have to admit, I wasn't real keen on trying this, but it ended up being a
hoot. Wonder what the passers by thought of the goings on? Thanks all for
returning to the old days. I haven't used a straight key since I was given an
old tube based electronic keyer from one of my elmers back in 1971. I mounted
two hand keys back-to-back on their sides for my paddle and never looked back.
Haven't ever had the urge to do SKN.

The only time I remember sending CW by hand after that was when I was part of
the AH1A Howland DXpedition back in 1993. The main boat had lost all power. 2
meter radios were dead. I talked from the island to Phil W9IXX who was on the
boat using flashlight CW!

W7OM gets my vote for best fist, followed closely by K4BAI. The only bug user
was K7SS? Can't say for sure. Didn't make sense to use a computer so logged it
all by hand. Hat's off to DanWA for doing that every week.

73
Randy
K0EU