[3830] ARRL Sep VHF K9MU Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Sep 15 23:27:11 EDT 2013

                    ARRL September VHF QSO Party

Call: K9MU
Operator(s): K9MU
Station: K9MU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: EN44 - WI
Operating Time (hrs):

  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  110    56  Total Score = 7,336

Club: Chippewa Valley VHF Contesters

Comments:

Several new things for me this contest. I operated in the new Single Op 3-Band
Category and this was my first full-time VHF effort from my new ham shack. It
was also the first time I was able to use my Elecraft K3 with NaP3 panadapter
display. It was great to able to point and click on signals as they popped up
on scatter.  The low power restriction was tough and I was CQ'ed in my face
several times when trying to call some guys. I ran some WSJT skeds and randoms
on Saturday night and Sunday morning which really helped my grid totals but not
with my sleep! My best DX was with K1WHS (FN43) on 6m and 2m on scatter and
WB0YWW (EN22) on 432. It was nice hearing locals W0UC, N9ISN, and N0AKC active
as well!

Equipment:
Elecraft K3, IC-746, FT-736R
6m: 7 element 6M7JHV @ 25 feet