[3830] ARRL Sep VHF W9PA Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Sep 16 02:01:26 EDT 2013

                    ARRL September VHF QSO Party

Call: W9PA
Operator(s): W9PA
Station: W9PA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: IN

    2:  28     18
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  28     18  Total Score = 504

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

K3, P3 + XV-144, W2, 2M9SSB @ 45-feet, Pig-Knob, Win-Test

On Thursday I found that the Coax to the 6M5X was open.  The tower is ancient
Heights aluminum tower that has been repaired many times.  It's was really
purchased for portable operation in June Contest.  My xyl and I have set it up
3 or 4 times in NC and VA.  While we could have dropped it to fix the problem,
my partially repaired shoulder does not allow much lifting.  Operation was
confined to short stints between football games and packing for vacation.  In
the past couple of years a HORRENDOUS noise source has appeared dead north.
I'm sure there were people who called that I could not hear.  That's the first
project when we get back from vacation.