[3830] ARRL Sep VHF K2QO/R Limited Rover LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Sep 18 11:53:23 EDT 2013

                    ARRL September VHF QSO Party

Call: K2QO/R
Operator(s): K2QO K2ZR
Station: K2QO/R

Class: Limited Rover LP
QTH: WNY

  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  515   101  Total Score = 67,064

Club: Cold Brook Contest Club

Comments:

I think that the K2QO Limited Rover team really racked up a decent score for
this running of the September VHF. We did not catch a single 6M opening and had
only one QSO outside of our normal 2M range. We've not scoured the log to figure
out exactly why we did so well, but it seems that participation was up a little
in combination with our finding a MUCH better stop in FN22. Previously, we used
FN22dw as our go to QTH but this time got much better results operating from the
eastern end of 22.

Funny thing is, we almost did not even go out this contest. I got a new rover
vehicle on Wednesday (yes, 4 days before the start) and it was much more
difficult than expected getting all the equipment laid out and secured in the
new rover. In fact, there was no time to hook up any of the RF stuff at my QTH
so we left for FN31 in CT on Friday at noon to have dinner and stay with
friends which meant hooking everything up well away from the home shack/shop.
It is a miracle that it all worked!

See you in June 2014!

73,
K2QO/r (+K2ZR)