[3830] SAC CW OH8X(OH2UA) SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Sep 25 09:18:13 EDT 2013

                    Scandinavian Activity Contest, CW

Call: OH8X
Operator(s): OH2UA
Station: OH8X

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Radio Arcala

Total: 2320   250  Total Score = 1,354,000

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

Tried a bit risky strategy and knew that this time my operation would be
somewhat more propagation sensitive than normally. It was double or nothing
approach ending up nothing at hand.

Finally the race was over at 08AM Sunday, when 10mtrs opened up. In Southern
Scandinavia opening was somewhat better than up here in North. Since almost
every contact was new multiplier, I knew there was no way to catch OH2BH any
more. That made last 4 hours somewhat boring, even I knew it was pretty close
race with OH0R and OH0Z still.  Couldn't get myself motivated on fighting for
2nd place and ended up just hanging around for last 4 hours.

Had no technical issues nor any problems staying on chair for 24 hours. I was
actually surprised how easy it was to operate full 24 hours this time.

Kim, OH6KZP, (@OH2BH) was like S.Vettel in Formula 1 Singapore GP raced same
day - dominating the race from the start all the way to the finish line.
Congratulations mate for outstanding operation!

Thank you very much for all our non-Scandinavian friends for calling in and
making our day! Your participation in SAC is a lot appreciated. Also thanks to
dear SAC competitors for making the race and to Radio Arcala team for support!

See ya on SAC SSB 12th - 13th of October!

73 de Toni, OH2UA