[3830] CQ WW RTTY PI4TUE M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Sep 29 17:36:29 EDT 2013

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: PI4TUE
Operator(s): PA3FGA PC5A
Station: PI4TUE

Class: M/S HP
QTH:

   80:   20        6      14     6
   40:   57        8      33    14
   20:  171       28      59    23
   15:  135       38      53    24
   10:  173       30      37    21
------------------------------------
Total:  556      110     196    88  Total Score = 554,358

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

Setup:
ORION, Microham MK2R+ & amplifier
3 ELE SteppIR, HF2V, 80m hor loop, all at ~210 feet
N1MM & MMTTY (5 instances)

Rens PA3FGA and I talked about entering a RTTY contest for years after doing
RTTY on our holiday location in HB0. This weekend it finally happened, although
in summary it was a casual operation; still entertaining though. Rens mentioned
it was his first contest were he could actually talk, speak and eat without
loosing focus to the contest or yelling to others in the room to shut up... :-)
I couldn't agree more.

I'm glad we took the time to work out how to use multiple instances of MMTTY in
our logging program. Some profiles were definitely better in decoding than
others for certain conditions.

It was nice to see 10M opening up so well on both days (NA on Saturday and
Japan on Sunday) given the low SFI.

We worked 4 stations on all 5 bands:
K9CT, KI1G, NR4M, P49X

We will definitely continuing  exploring this mode in the near future (e.g. WAE
RTTY).

73
-- Aurelio, PC5A