[3830] TxQP N1CC Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Sep 29 18:20:24 EDT 2013

                    Texas QSO Party

Call: N1CC
Operator(s): N1CC
Station: N1CC

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Henderson, TX

  160:    0      0      0
   80:    8      0      0
   40:  125    197      0
   20:   92    223      0
   15:   75     42      0
   10:    1      1      0
    6:    0      0      0
    2:    0      0      0
  UHF:    0      0      0
----------------------------
Total:  301    463      0  Mults = 183  Total Score = 334,707

Club: North Texas Contest Club

Comments:

FT-990 100W to Force 12 C3 at 63' and Alpha Delta DX-LB at 40' horizontal.  New
QTH this year with higher antenna's and improved layout.  Also had the 43'
Vertical, there was no time where it needed to be used.

Lost over 2 hours on Saturday due to overhead thunderstorms - wonderful rain
but the lightning was quite impressive - forcing QRT.

I worked a bunch of Texas Mobiles - 19 in all Most QSO's KK5LO-6, N5AUS-5,
N5UAO-4 and WB0TEV-4 others 3 or less contacts.

Conditions were markedly better on Saturday with 530 QSOs and only 234 QSOs on
Sunday - Most on 40M followed closely by 20 then 15.  Noise made much 80M time
not productive.  Notably OM2VL made the list as the BEST operator contacted.
He called on 15CW, moved me to 15SSB, then 10CW, and 10SSB - proving that 10M
was open and made 4 QSO's in under 2 minutes... later worked him on 40 CW too
... many others could have moved me easily, and made multiples - something that
folks should consider more!

All in all - the best TQP I have ever taken part in so far!  Rate 60 QPH or
better most of the time and mostly running...fun time!