[3830] CQ WW RTTY SJ2W M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Sep 29 20:02:57 EDT 2013

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: SJ2W
Operator(s): SM2LIY SM2WMV
Station: SJ2W

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Da Traesk
Operating Time (hrs): ?

   80:  218       19      50    13
   40:  579       49      88    30
   20:  780       53      98    34
   15:  945       54      91    34
   10:  311       34      67    28
------------------------------------
Total: 2833      209     394   139  Total Score = 5,388,404

Club: Worldwide Young Contesters

Comments:

Not a planned effort and the first RTTY contest at SJ2W. I made a cable for the
TI-5 interface on Friday evening and we were planning on testing it a bit. It
ended up with an effort more of DX mode type than a serious M/S effort with no
mult radio, so I believe we lost a lot of RUN QSOs because of chasing mults.
SM2LIY did most of the operating while I was out working on getting the station
ready for CQWW SSB which also included a trip to SK2AU to change the coaxes in
their tower. However I did a few hours time to time when SM2LIY needed some
rest and I enjoyed it, so we might be doing some serious RTTY in the future as
well.

We enjoyed the excellent propagations, can't get much better than this with
these kind of SFI numbers, 15m was THE band. Hopefully the same type of
propagations show up in the CQWW SSB in a month.

It was also fun to follow the battle between our northern friends OH8A on
cqcontest.net

New claimed SM record

80m: 4-SQ
40m: 3/3el + 4-SQ
20m: 6/6/6el + 4el @EU
15m: 6/6el + 5el
10m: 6/6el + 6el @46m

FT1000MKV + 4CX1500B + TI-5 interface

Check the website for information of the projects at SJ2W,
http://www.sj2w.se/contest/