[3830] CQ WW RTTY W4GV SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Sep 29 20:57:03 EDT 2013

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: W4GV
Operator(s): W4GV
Station: W4GV

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: FL

   80:   72       31       9     8
   40:  120       33      21    15
   20:  159       33      36    17
   15:  2 7       30      40    21
   10:   84        7      24    11
------------------------------------
Total:  642      134     130    72  Total Score = 396,378

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

First, tnx for the q's.  Rotor stopped tuning last weekend so I was stuck w/ a
yagi pointed North.  Sorry the sig was so weak in some locations.  I was even
considering LP on this one but w/ no rotating beam decided I needed the dB.
First ever entry in this contest.  It was a blast and band condx were much
better than recent contests.  It is becoming apparent that I need to improve my
80 meter antenna situation.
Station - FTDX-9000DX, Acom 1500, Mosley Pro67B, Aerton ATR-15, 80 meter
dipole, microHam DigiKeyer II, Writelog Vr 11.13J.
I bought the Acom amp abt 6 weeks ago as a 6 meter amp and backup HF.  Sent the
Alpha off for service so this contest gave me a chance to get familiar with it.
It's not an Alpha but it is nice!