[3830] CQ WW RTTY KC4HW SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Sep 29 21:06:32 EDT 2013

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: KC4HW
Operator(s): KC4HW
Station: KC4HW

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: AL

   80:    4       3        0     1
   40:  159      30       27     8
   20:   82      22       27    11
   15:  270      19       40    16
   10:  208      11       37    14
------------------------------------
Total:  723      85      131    50  Total Score = 465,766

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

Thanks to all for the contacts.

This was never going to be nothing but a part time effort.

Was trying out a new logger and configuration.  Quite honestly it was the first
time that I used it on RTTY but had previously used it on Ph/CW.  It was
challenging at times, but as the contest wore on it became easier.  I would not
say that I have it, but have scratched the surface with this package.

I was busy chasing the callsigns up the display window.  I wonder if all those
linefeeds are really necessary.  I deleted all linefeed in my messages before
the contest and never missed them.

The setup was somewhat challenging, I really wanted to try SO2R but could not
get the setup to function properly.  So still have some work to do here.  I
want to thanks my buddy Rick for helping me with the setup and such.

Station:
FT2000 or FTdx5000 (no SO2R just alternating--mostly the FT2000)
10m: 4/4 at 78' and 39'
15m: 155CA at 72'
20m: 204BA at 108'
40m: 40-2CD at 118'
80m: Inverted Vee at 105'
microKeyer (FT2000)
microKeyer II (FTdx5000)

OK, guess this is it.  Thanks again for the fun!

Jim/KC4HW