[3830] CQ WW RTTY WQ6X M/S LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Sep 30 00:57:31 EDT 2013

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: WQ6X
Operator(s): N6GEO WQ6X
Station: WQ6X

Class: M/S LP
QTH: Brentwood, Ca.

   80:   25      14       4     5
   40:   28      14       6     7
   20:   86      31      20    15
   15:   98      28      32    19
   10:   33      12      12     9
-----------------------------------
Total:  272      94      74    55  Total Score = 106,817

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

This is another last minute portable setup from the N6GEO QTH.  Both N6GEO &
WQ6X had other commitments this weekend impacting the number of operator hours,
altho combined we managed about 24 hours of total OP time.

We did a final test-drive to a TH3-jr Yagi that we will use during CQP 2013.
For RTTY transmission we used a FLEX-1500 radio into an ALS-500m amplifier
yielding us 70 - 100 watts output (depending on the band).

This weekend was one of BLUE Screens when running the PowerSDR software and the
smoking-out of the bandswitch on the MFJ tuner when I attempted to tune up on
160 meters.

While the low solar flux SUCKED, we were pleased to encounter openings to
Europe on BOTH 15 & 10 meters.  At this location the two story house
largely blocks our access to Asia and Oceania, so not surprising is that we
worked no VK's or ZL's and less than a handful of JA's - I guess Asians don't
do RTTY.

While we wished we could do more this year we were both appreciative of the OP
time we did get.  Look for us a Multi-2 next year.