[3830] TxQP K5IID Single Op QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Sep 30 13:04:37 EDT 2013

                    Texas QSO Party

Call: K5IID
Operator(s): K5IID
Station: K5IID

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: HILL

  160:   -0-    -0-    -0-
   80:   -7-    -0-    -0-
   40: -150-   -60-    -0-
   20:  -66-    -5-    -0-
   15:  -42-    -6-    -0-
   10:   -1-    -0-    -0-
  UHF:
----------------------------
Total:   266     71      0  Mults = 164  Total Score = 154,160

Club: DFW Contest Group

Comments:

Only got a little over 11 hours in this year and those missing hours were prime
time Saturday. I am pretty happy with the results but sure wish I knew how well
it would have gone if I had been able to put in the whole time allotted.
 As it was, for me the money band was 40 meters. I just can't believe the
signal reports I was getting with the 5 watt QRP I was running. Time after time
folks said that I was a true 5/9. I was monitoring the output on two separate
meters and that made me feel pretty good about the antennas.
 Missing all of Saturday afternoon really cost me in mobile Qs. Nowhere near
the same as previous years.
 OM2VL moved me to 10 meters and we actually did manage the Q with my 5 watts.
Actually heard him call me on 40 but no luck on the Q. Had a lot of DX stations
calling in...just under 30 DX stations. Makes me rethink my category for the DX
contests coming up possibly.
 The above score does not include 4000 bonus points.
 Rig... FT1000MP limited to 5 watts output CW and 10 SSB ( *TQP rules...
normally QRP is 5 watts on SSB as well)
 Antennas...2 el quad for 10-20 @40 feet
            Sloping dipole for 40/80 @30 feet

 Fun time and as usual I will be back next year.

 I do hope that the TQP committee will look at the rules and make a low power
category. It is rather unfair to make the average guys compete against the
NR5M's of the world. (No offense NR5M et al)
73, Tom K5IID