[3830] CQ WW RTTY W1UE(@K1LZ) M/2 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Sep 30 14:26:01 EDT 2013

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: W1UE
Operator(s): W1UE W1UJ K3JO K5ZD
Station: K1LZ

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: ma

   80:  466       51      55    16
   40:  973       52      91    31
   20: 1334       55     105    36
   15: 1485       52     108    33
   10:  627       34      89    31
------------------------------------
Total: 4885      244     448   147  Total Score = 10,351,582

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

What a blast!  Propagation was good, 10M open to Europe both days (although
better Sat than Sun), nice 15M openings to JA both days.  Using the K1LZ super
station is such fun!

First contest using all 2Tone Decoders, and I must say we were very impressed.
We also had MMTTY open, and the winner for decoding was easily awarded to 2Tone.
 With my desire to thoroughly exercise 2Tone, I built up 4 FSKit boxes to do the
AFSK tones to FSK signal generation.  Outside of a few RFI issues, the boxes
worked solidly for the entire weekend and allowed us to not have MMTTY running
on the computers (all except the Mult station used 2Tone exclusively to
generate/decode the RTTY transmissions.  I also came up with a way to filter
out almost all non-RTTY spots from the telnet stream (even with Skimmer spots
accepted), so the spots we saw were 99.9% RTTY.

Best 1 hour rate: 1200Z Sat, 198 for both stations (110 on 15, 88 on 10).
Missed only Z29 for WAZ in a weekend.  DXCC on both 15 and 20M.  Lotsa DX,
lotsa fun.

Nice job by the K9CT crew- they helped keep us motivated and the butts in the
chair, even in the middle of the night when the rate dropped off and the
sleepiness set in.

A big thanks to Krassy K1LZ for the use of his station.  After a number of
contests there, I'm finally getting to understand how to make all the different
antenna combinations work together.

Dennis W1UE