[3830] CQ WW RTTY N4KG SOAB(A) HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Sep 30 21:32:31 EDT 2013

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: N4KG
Operator(s): N4KG
Station: N4KG

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: ALA

   80:    3       2        2     3
   40:   51       5       33    16
   20:  104      17       51    18
   15:  128       3       58    26
   10:   84       2       44    19
------------------------------------
Total:  370      29      188    82  Total Score = 307,671

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

ALL contacts were Search and Pounce or from Packet Spots in a very part-time
effort.  I spent Friday evening opening up my SB-220 to find why only one tube
was glowing.  The filaments were both OK so I Soldered ALL the Filament Pins to
the 35 year old sockets.  Voila, they both glowed!

This was my FIRST time using N1MM.  NOT FUN !

I really missed the Show Call and Show Country Function Keys of NA until I
discovered that the lower log box in N1MM displays same call QSO's.  Typing in
a prefix (including number) shows QSO's with that prefix (including number) so
it's not quite the same as Show Country but is somewhat useful.

I also missed the nice compact layout of NA with larger (More Readable) Log
Display, score display (by band) and selectable boxes.  Yes, you can duplicate
most of those in N1MM IF you have a Very Large Screen (or multiple screens).

Next time I hope to have the Bandmap Feature enabled !

I miss Windows 98 and Serial Ports (and yes, DOS !)

Tom N4KG in North Alabama