[3830] WPX SSB VR2/IV3TAN SOSB10 LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri Apr 4 02:37:57 EDT 2014

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: VR2/IV3TAN
Operator(s): IV3TAN
Station: VR2/IV3TAN

Class: SOSB10 LP
QTH: Peng Chau Island

   10: 2122

My first Contest after about 8 years of QRT.
Very happy to meet all the old friends!!!
No more from Lampedusa Isl (IG9) or Cape Verde (D4) but from my new QTH in Peng
Chau Island in Hong Kong (I moved definetively here with my wife one year ago).

During the last two months here in HK we have had a really beautiful and spring
weather but... no way.. after only a few hours that the contest has begun...
static rain, lightning and... strong thunderstorm during ALL week end!!
Hours and hours with S7 to S9 of QRN and a few hours where i have had to switch
off the radio and to disconnect the cable of my 3 el. monoband yagi because i
live in the top of the hill of my small Island...

I set a minimum target of 2500 QSO with my barefoot RTX power but i wasn't be
able to reach it.

I hope to have time to prepare a station a little bit more competitive for the
next CQWW SSB and i hope also to have a new Callsign. To use Victor Radio Two
portable Italy Victor Three Tango Alfa November... it's really a
tongue-twister.

RTX IC 751-A
ANT 3 El Yagi Hy Gain 103BA

Best 73 to all friends.