[3830] NAQP CW KU8E Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 3 02:08:01 EDT 2014

                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: KU8E
Operator(s): KU8E
Station: KU8E

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GA

Total:  757   192  Total Score = 145,344

Club:

Team: MRRC/NCC Team 2

Comments:

Radio #1 FT1000MP
Radio #2 IC756PRO2
160 meters - Inverted L with 4 elevated radials. Antenna was broken high SWR
80 meters - 130 ft long center fed zepp @ 50 ft
40 meters - 130 ft long center fed zepp @ 50 ft , NW/SW dipole at 40 ft
20 meters - 130 ft long center fed zepp @ 50 ft , NW/SW dipole at 40 ft
15 meters - full wave vertical loop @ 40 ft
10 meters - full wave vertical loop @ 40 ft

Had a couple problems. High SWR on 160 meter Inverted L. Not sure why. Power
supply for MFJ antenna switch died and had to scramble to find another.

OK score with wires but wish I was more competitive. Can't believe some of the
big scores. I guess having big antennas makes a big difference. Find it amazing
that someone could average 120 per hour for the whole 10 hours. Sure wish there
was a tribander/wires class to make it more fair.

Jeff