[3830] NAQP CW W6CT Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 3 12:26:56 EDT 2014

                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: W6CT
Operator(s): W6CT
Station: W6CT

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA

  160:   0      0
   80:  20      3
   40:   6      3
   20:  31     18
   15:   8      4
   10:   0      0
-------------------
Total:  65     28  Total Score = 1,820

Club:

Team: NCCC #7

Comments:

Kenwood TS-930.

Antenna Update:  The results were somewhat encouraging when I experimented
with a new location for my random wire during a recent CWops
Mini-CW Test. For this contest I again used that new location.
The new location means that I hang the wire between two windows.
I am guessing that because these windows face NNE, I will have
a **little** more radiation to the 0 to 90 degree bearing than I have
from the carport location. That is because the old location,
the carport roof, is blocked by two buildings that are only about 20 feet
east of the carport.

I understand that wire antennas that are 14 feet above ground are mostly cloud
warmers.  That being said, I felt a little louder and felt that I could
hear a little better with the new setup.