[3830] NAQP CW WI9WI Single Op QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 3 15:46:58 EDT 2014

                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: WI9WI
Operator(s): WI9WI
Station: WI9WI

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: Madison, WI

  160:    0     0
Total:  262   120  Total Score = 31,440

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Team:

Comments:

I had planned to go up to our northern WI cabin and do a full bore 10 hour SO2R
effort in this one, but Murphy intervened last week and those plans had to be
scratched. So I decided to crank the K3 down to 5 watts and do a relaxed QRP
effort from my popgun station here at home. As others have noted 10 and 15 were
closed early, but opened up nicely in the late afternoon. This was about 85%
S&P and 15% run, mainly on 10 and 15. I never could get much of a run going
on 20, and didn't even try on 40 and 80. Unfortunately my 160 antenna here at
home (a very short top loaded vertical) has to come down in the summer, so no
joy there.

Gear: K3, 5 watts
C-3S at 30 ft
Dipole at 20 ft for 40/80