[3830] NAQP SSB K4QPL Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 17 07:35:36 EDT 2014

                    North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: K4QPL
Operator(s): K4QPL
Station: K4QPL

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:    2     2
   15:   23     8
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  143    70  Total Score = 10,010

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team: PVRC North Carolina East Team #1

Comments:

I said I might be a casual op but got "volunteered" for a team. Gave
up part of a beach weekend to set up portable and make a few on my least
favorite mode. What we do for our club! But after dabbling S&P on all
bands, when 11 p.m. came and I hit a score that looked like a binary number I
took that as an omen and pulled the plug. Thanks to all who put up with my
erratic VOX/mic. Because of new antenna I don't really know what conditions
were, but got reports from "Big signal" to being the last in a pileup
and getting "QRZ?" or "no copy". But nice to meet old
friends and call signs I mostly hear on CW.

Radio: TS-480SAT (cw filters only)

Antenna: Tarheel 400A 160-10M screwdriver mobile type. (Clamped to swim ladder
on floating dock about 30' out in the channel facing about 10 miles of salt
water 180+ degrees from South to Northeast.)

Heil HD-4 microphone/headset on boom mostly made of duct tape.

Logging: N1MM

73,

"Jim NC"