[3830] NAQP SSB KH6DV Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 17 10:28:03 EDT 2014

                    North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: KH6DV
Operator(s): KH6DV
Station: KH6DV

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Oahu

   10:    7     4
-------------------
Total:  476   122  Total Score = 58,072

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: NCCC Sangiovese Scoundrels

Comments:

The station rebuild is partially done and the 2nd radio antenna
is up (CL-33 Tribander 3 el 18' boom @ 73') with its reflection
zone out in the saltwater of Kaneohe Bay next to the QTH.
Big monobanders and 2 el 40 should be up on the main tower before
SS if all goes well.

2X TS-590S (7 second radio contacts.)

Conditions
10M good all week, not so much during the contest.
15M Deep QSB and the band went long early, EA's and
    DL's kept asking for signal reports, not good in
    a domestic contest.
20M Good only after about 0030 or 0100Z here then mainland
    signals get very loud. One good run, N6TV log tools reports
    4Q/Min 4X, 3Q/min 21X and 2Q/min 97X but too many partial
    calls and fills with the heavy QRM I could only milk the run
    for a 1.5 hr X 126/hour rate with my very rusty pile up skills
    after 12 years
    off. Worked lots old friends but I hope they didnt stick around
    to hear my poor pileup management skills. Working the rust off
    slowly and painfully.
40M I Told several mid-west ops I would see them on 40 and most
    did'nt think they could work me on 40, the reaction was great
    fun when we actually did QSO. Rough with just an inverted vee
    @ 71'.
80M No antenna yet.

Thanks everyone for the contacts.

Ron KH6DV