[3830] CoQP N7MZW SOPh LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 31 01:08:13 EDT 2014

                    Colorado QSO Party

Call: N7MZW
Operator(s): N7MZW
Station: N7MZW

Class: SOPh LP
QTH: Cheyenne, WY
Operating Time (hrs): 12 HRS

  160:           1
   80:           9
   40:          32
   20:           0
   15:           0
   10:           0
    6:           0
    2:           0
  222:           0
  432:           0
----------------------------
Total:   0      42      0  CW Mults = 0  Ph Mults = 22  Dig Mults = 0  Total Score = 1,848

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

I more than doubled my last year's score! I used a Kenwood TS-950SD, Heil ProSet
with HC-5 mic element, and home brew G5RV flat top up 50 feet running N-S at an
elevation of 6,053 feet elevation. Nice to work a few of my fellow GMCC club
members. My operating was 90 % hunt and pounce.It's tough to be on the other
end of the pile ups for a change. 40 meters was my best band, but was noisy
with rapid QSB at times. I was too close to CO. to hear any one on 10,15, or 20
meters. I fooled the internal tuner on the TS-950SD Kenwood to make one 160
meter contact with K0UK, who I also worked on 40 and 75 meter phone. My thanks
for the q's and a special thanks to the mobile stations who used time and gas
to activate multiple counties.