[3830] CQWW CW K9YC SOAB(A) HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 1 01:18:40 EST 2014

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K9YC
Operator(s): K9YC
Station: K9YC

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: SCV

  160:    9     6        5
   80:  186    26       56
   40:  441    32      105
   20:  449    35      109
   15:  508    34      117
   10:  413    29       78

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Wow!  Conditions were great for much of the contest, yielding a personal best
score for me. The upgraded 80/40 high dipoles really play nicely, and yielded a
dozen or so EU on 80, a lot more on 40. More than 100 countries on three bands,
and might have done that with 10M with better choices of hours.

I haven't studied statistics, but I'd bet close to half of the Qs are JA. Too
bad they only count for one multiplier. We have gotta do something with the
scoring rules to make this contest interesting for folks outside the Atlantic
basin. Have you noticed how few VKs and ZLs are active? VK is a CONTINENT
bigger than most of EU.

Now if we could only get those JAs to stop signing their call three times in
every QSO! I continue to get better with SO2R, but I sure was groggy after
lunch today, with lots of dumb goofs.

73, Jim K9YC