[3830] CQWW CW A71BX(K5GN) SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 1 05:04:39 EST 2014

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: A71BX
Operator(s): K5GN
Station: A71BX

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Qatar

  160:  267    15       54
   80:  462    25       75
   40: 1570    30       88
   20: 1084    30       92
   15: 1456    34      107
   10: 1836    36      114

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Thanks to Khalid and Ali and the group for allowing me to operate this
weekend!Fantastic conditions on all bands plus great activity = CQ WW DX CW at
its very best!  A huge sandstorm on Friday made the installation of the
temporary beverages run late on Friday, so I didn't have time to make sure the
SO2R combination of Win-Test and MicroHam was working - found out during the
contest that some functions did not work the way I expected, so it was much
harder to interleave QSOs especially with so much activity.  Then it rained in
the desert on Sunday evening.  Rain static on all yagis cut short the
unexpectedly good USA run on 10m which pushed me to the low bands.  Too much
DXing kept the QSO total lower than it could have been, and I still don't know
enough about 20m and 40m propagation from here to properly find the available
multipliers, but no complaints after 47 hours in the chair.