[3830] CQWW CW KB1H M/M HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 1 05:29:03 EST 2014

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: KB1H
Operator(s): KB1H W1UJ K1EBY NB1U NR1X KM1X
Station: KB1H

Class: M/M HP
QTH: W1

  160:   53    12       39
   80:  710    26      100
   40: 1209    35      119
   20: 1618    39      144
   15: 1453    39      144
   10: 1045    33      132

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Where do I start? Original plan was to compete in the M/2 class as usual. That
was not to be.

We knew we were short on amplifiers with two on the bench. One of the FT-1000s
was on the way back from repair and was expected Friday but alas no amplifier
to match with it. The rig did arrive late Friday but never used.

There were enough operators coming. KB1H, W1UJ, K1EBY, NB1U, NR1X and KM1X

Last weekend we had to replace a PC when a hard drive crashed. We had hoped the
replacement would work ok. Not!!! About one hour into the contest it was noticed
that this PC was not on the network and once fixed for the first of a hundred
times we had 42 band changes on a run station. Too complicated to fix the log
so it was decided to go M/M and work three stations as much as we could. Make
points and give everyone a chance to operate. The replaced PC continued to be a
problem for almost all the contest.

There were no antenna problems so that made the weekend somewhat enjoyable.
Watching the spots on the RBN into Europe was interesting as we switched
stacking combinations. Sometimes there were 10-20dB advantages.

Lots of food. The wives feed us well. That part of each weekend never fails.

Lots to do before February and ARRL DX.  Thanks for all the QSOs

6151 QSOs for 15,233,264 Points
SH5;
http://w1uj.net/SH5/2014%20CQ-WW-CW%20KB1H/

Dick Pechie - KB1H