[3830] CQWW CW PZ5AV(K0AV) SOAB QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 1 07:14:52 EST 2014

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: PZ5AV
Operator(s): K0AV
Station: PZ5RA

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: Paramaribo

  160:    3     1        3
   80:   76    11       24
   40:  262    14       49
   20:  669    28       72
   15:  598    22       72
   10:  872    19       66

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

Using QRP means you are at least 25 dB down from the high power guys.
Still, most everyone stuck with it and pulled me through for the QSO.
Pile up management with such a weak signal takes special care (at both
ends).  Operated from PZ5RA's QTH in Paramaribo. Ramon & Erni are
absolutely fantastic hosts. You couldn't ask for better.

Had planned for full 48 hour operation, and was feeling good, when at
26 hours into it I noticed one of my feet was swollen excessively.  So
thought best to be safe than sorry. Tough call.

73, Alan K0AV