[3830] CQWW CW TF3CW SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 1 07:37:04 EST 2014

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: TF3CW
Operator(s): TF3CW
Station: TF3CW

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Iceland

  160:    0     0        0
   80:   46     6       20
   40:  305    18       50
   20:  588    23       49
   15: 1043    23       80
   10: 1482    24       88

We have had unusually calm autumn weather during oct. and nov. Then on friday
the weather shifted from totally calm to windy, then to very windy, and finally
to crazy windy, with wind speeds up to 30 m/sek (108 km/hour, 67 miles/hr) ...
Taking down the Inv. L for 160 just before the contest. The 2 el. 40 had to be
lowered to 30 feet, same for the 4 el on 20.

 Then about 10 hours into the contest I had to dismantle both these beams as
the wind was about to totally destroy them.

The  "antenna farm" was down to a very low hanging Inv. V on 80, 4 el
on 15 and 5 el on 10 that somehow survived the gale force winds......

The summary sheet tells the whole story....I pressed on, enjoying the great
condx. on 10 and 15.....

Thanks for all the Qs...CQWW Rules....!