[3830] CQWW CW ON3DI SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 1 08:42:51 EST 2014

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: ON3DI
Operator(s): ON3DI
Station: ON3DI

Class: SOAB LP
QTH:

  160:    0     0        0
   80:   22     5       14
   40:   39     5       19
   20:   44     9       19
   15:   71    11       27
   10:   76    12       27

Hi,

This was my first CW contest ever!
Every year when the CQ WW CW comes closer my friend OQ5M was trying to convince
me to be active in CW. In his opinion I could work more easily DX with my small
setup. And he knows that I like contests.
This year I had the time to do the configuration of N1MM+, with some help of
OQ4B (tnx!). Anyway I did this on saturday and around 12u UTC everything was OK
and I was active.
On saturday I was qrv from my apartment with a small antenna, HVT600 antenna
from OPEK. I can't expect miracles but it did a fine job, worked 9K2, VE, K,
I ended with 100 QSO's on saturday.

On Sunday I went to my parents, antennas are better (not so difficult).
It was strange to work USA on 80m at 8hour UTC, strange but nice!

I like to be active on 10m and worked there B7P, VR2XAN, ...
You could copy stations from 28.000 until 28.150, a lot of work for someone who
does S&P.

On 20m I could work KL7RA, always nice! I tried to work V47T but he was too
busy.

I used the new N1MM+, it worked fine together with CWget. A bit pitty that I
could'nt call CQ, a lot of om's don't answer just on the right frequency so
it's a mess to copy them. Next goal can be to learn CW so I will be able to
copy the answering stations.

I happy with the 250 qso's, it isn't much but it is a good start of my CW
career ;-). It is certainly another way of contesting compared to SSB or RTTY,
my skills have to improve.

Last I want to congratulate OQ5M for his outstanding score. It is unbelievable
that he made 5000 QSO's. Contesting is a virus and I can say that Franki
infected me! In my opinion he is the most complete operator in Belgium.

Next contest will be the ARRL 10m.

73,

Pieter ON3DI