[3830] CQWW CW K2TE SOAB(A) HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 1 13:51:58 EST 2014

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K2TE
Operator(s): K2TE
Station: K2TE

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: NH

  160:    8     6        8
   80:   76    10       38
   40:  310    24       78
   20:  216    32       89
   15:  335    32      109
   10:  271    29      106

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Original plan leading up to the contest was to spend as much time on the air as
possible while giving up Saturday afternoon to a family commitment.  However,
Mother Nature had other plans after Wednesday's heavy snow led to power
failures that night.  Power came back sometime Saturday morning so I managed an
hour or so before having to QRT for the family.

I found conditions to be great on 10 and 15, not so hot for 80 and 160 as
expected.  Having 10 open takes the pressure off 15 and 20 when looking for
room to run.  Main gripe: stations that won't shut up when the DX is trying to
answer someone, causing the DX to send the report several times/QSO. Even if I
catch my call, the report gets buried so I have to hope I don't jump the gun
with my own reply.

73 de TE

(Oh yeah - power went out again about 7:30 PM Sunday for about an hour, hi.)