[3830] CQWW CW N3RS SOAB(A) HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 1 14:44:57 EST 2014

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: N3RS
Operator(s): N3RS
Station: N3RS

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: EPA

  160:   74    16       50
   80:  358    30      102
   40:  826    38      129
   20:  971    37      134
   15:  848    36      124
   10:  979    34      139

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

WOW!  That was a major fun event.  First time trying to do an SO2R in a major
contest, but am really just kidding myself.  I need to grow another head to
make it worthwhile.  Conditions were phenomenal on all bands.  Even 160M, where
I am antenna challenged, was great.  Heard lots of stuff I could not work there,
but did reasonably well, all things considered.  The conditions were the best I
have witnessed in my 60 years of contesting.  80M was a surprise, giving me for
the first time, 5BDXCC as a single op.  I used N1MM Logger+ for the first time
in a major contest and it worked flawlessly.  Thanks to the logger+ team for a
splendid job.  This was also the first time above 4K QSOs as a single op.  I
finally managed to average more than 100 QSOs per hour while in the chair.  I
expect all the records will fall after this one.

The station played well, except for losing the Alpha 99 PA due to a blower
seizure early Saturday evening.  It had started making noises during the SSB
contest, but I thought I would leave it in place, as it continued to work quite
well up to the time the blower froze.  Fortunately, my trusty ACOM 2000A
permitted me to continue to chase multipliers on other bands quickly enough
that I held my run frequency quite well.  If I were able to stay in the chair a
bit longer, I might have been able to challenge the top guns.  My congrats to
K5ZD and K3WW on their outstanding efforts.  Thanks to all who called in.  This
is one I will never forget.