[3830] CQWW CW OL3R(OK1VWK) SOAB(A) HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 1 15:59:55 EST 2014

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: OL3R
Operator(s): OK1VWK
Station: OK1VWK

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: DKL

  160:   80     9       44
   80:  393    21       83
   40:  421    40      123
   20:  869    39      129
   15:  633    39      141
   10:  472    38      144

Definitely another world. Big score improvement in compare to last year. Key
(small but strategic) changes:

- first time used RBN spots instead of classic DX Cluster

- expanded design for RX/TX antenna switch/combiner (37.5ohm 0.25wl
transforming line for TX and W8JI magic T for RX). Used the same only on 20m
till now and first time the same at 80 and 40m

-  shortened sleep time (first time over 40 hours of operating time)

Surprise is "swept" forty and total number of mults. There is still
only vertical and inv. Vee. I was doubtful about it and said, that something
has to be wrong. But tried new RX/TX switch on 40 before CQ WW and found, that
many signals are better up to 2S when coherently receiving at 2 antennas. I
have to more analyse the score for final understanding, what really happened
it.

I was (still I am) under antibiotic medicine due to some virus attacked my
lungs. But decided to participate in contest and fully satisfied. Big thanks to
CE3CT for zone 12 at forty. I have been deadly tired in last hour of contest,
but nice pleasure to see him in spot window, pick-up him from noise and finish
the forty :-) Stay tuned and CU in next time ...