[3830] CQWW CW KU2M SOAB Classic HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 1 16:53:05 EST 2014

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: KU2M
Operator(s): KU2M
Station: KU2M

Class: SOAB Classic HP
QTH: Wayne, NJ

  160:   12     6        7
   80:  333    18       61
   40:  473    18       75
   20:  516    27       80
   15:  395    26       84
   10:  436    23       90

The Classic overlay seemed like it would be an interesting break from the usual
single band routine. It was a bit daunting...I felt like the proverbial
mosquito in a nudist colony - I didn't know where to begin! Every band sounded
great (except 160) and made me yearn for more operating time than just 24
hours.
10 Meters was fantastic...a veritable garden of DX with multipliers everywhere.
Activity was abundant and seemed to just go on and on, with signals beyond
28200. Hope conditions are as good for the 10M test later this month.

Overall, great fun with plenty of "off" time. Looking forward to next
year!

Rig: FT-5000, Drake/Sherwood R-4C, Ten-Tec Centurion.
Antennas: SteppIR DB 36 stack, 15M "Frankenstein" stack, 160M
Slopers.