[3830] CQWW CW VE3BZ SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 1 19:37:05 EST 2014

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: VE3BZ
Operator(s): VE3BZ
Station: VE3BZ

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Ontario

  160:   63     9       15
   80:  374    20       74
   40:  787    31      104
   20:  851    37      118
   15:  872    37      122
   10:  659    31      116

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

My personal best for all my years of operating cq ww. Just wish I could have
stayed awake longer. Had never run pile-ups like this on 40 with just my
inverted vee. 40-80 were still wide open at 08:00 Saturday when I had to get a
few hours sleep. Tech glitches before/during contest took a toll. First, master
board on FT1000MP is partially fried, knocking out the 500 hz cw filter so had
to work with 2.0 bandwidth! Then RF from 160 sloper put rotor control box out
of alignment, so I had to go out at night twice with flashlights to re-align
Steppir with north.

Thanks to all the ops on this weekend for making this a great contest.

As others have noted, outstanding conditions on all bands. (Just hope this
unpredictable sunspot cycle peak continues.)