[3830] CQWW CW JA1BPA(@JG1ZUY) M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 1 22:04:12 EST 2014

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: JA1BPA
Operator(s): JA1BPA JG1VGX JI1ACI JM1LPN
Station: JG1ZUY

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Chiba, JAPAN

  160:   14     8       10
   80:   94    26       50
   40:  877    35      106
   20:  646    38      125
   15:  721    37      132
   10:  837    37      112

Club: University of Tokyo Contest Club

Comments:

"We could nor beat our previous record, but we enjoyed it!"

After a JA-record breaking M/S effort in 2013, we improved our
antenna and entered this year's contest.

Despite the higher SFI, we started out much more slowly than
we did in 2013.  The first hour QSO was modest 126 compared
with 190 the year before.  In fact, we ended up not having
raging stream of pile-up, but rather steady stream of callers,
all through the contest.

Low bands were poor on Saturday, and even worse on Sunday.
We were constantly annoyed by the artificial QRM from OTH
Radar on 80/40mb, and wondered if this was a sign that
we would be heading for another cold war. (Hopefully, not.)

Thank you all for those who worked us.  This concludes our
major contest efforts for 2014.  JG1ZUY may be manned by the
owner, JG1ILF, for ARRL 10m Contest, but otherwise, see you
all again in 2015!

Happy holidays from Japan.

de Icko, JA1BPA