[3830] CQWW CW DL1IAO(@DL0WW) SOAB Classic HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Dec 2 05:41:12 EST 2014

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: DL1IAO
Operator(s): DL1IAO
Station: DL0WW

Class: SOAB Classic HP
QTH: JN49FO

  160:   61     8       39
   80:  298    14       57
   40:  489    32       94
   20:  284    29       78
   15:  517    28       94
   10:  628    32       86

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

IC756Pro3(INRAD) + Alpha87A
BX120 Interface, Idiom Press CMOS4

WT v4.13.0 on Mac mini MD387D/A running Windows 7

(160) 27m shunt-fed tower, Mag-Loop (RX)
 (80) Bobtail (NW/SE), Delta Loop, DP @10m
 (40) 3el M2 Yagi @20m (linear-loaded), DP @10m
 (20) 5el M2 Yagi @27m
 (15) 5el Yagi @25m
 (10) 6el Yagi @24m (sharing tower with 40m)

I really like Classic, especially with those spectacular condx!

After the first morning 10 & 40m were not up to my expectations and I found
the cause to be the 10/40m rotor off by about 45deg - once again! The Prosistel
rotor really is a miracle to me as it was correctly aligned minutes before the
contest. But of course it is hard to get rid of Murphy once he has settled down
in a little iron rotor case.

I wanted to operate 2/3 on Saturday and work the lowbands during the high-rate
hours at the beginning. In retrospect it would have been better to ignore
multipliers on 80/160m and maximize operating time on the high bands.

I enjoyed working HK1NA with my stationmate DK3GI at the key.

Congrats to HA3NU for an outstanding score!

CU in the next one,

73,

Stefan
DL1IAO at contesting.com