[3830] CQWW CW W3EP SOSB/10 LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Dec 2 12:04:29 EST 2014

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: W3EP
Operator(s): W3EP
Station: W3EP

Class: SOSB/10 LP
QTH: CT

   10: 1010    30      120
------------------------------
Total: 1010    30      120  Total Score = 439,350

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Ten-meter conditions were great, as everyone else has noted. Simply wonderous
the number of stations with 35+ zones and 130+ countries on 10 meters, but do
not think New Englanders had the best of it this year.

The band filled up to 28.150, at least, but there was always a slot to slip
into, even if above 28.100.  Did not hear as many Asians as I thought
conditions could sustain, especially UN, UK, VU, 4J, 4L and others that had
been in all week. Japanese had nice steady 559-579 signals both evenings and
there were plenty to work.

Heard YE2C long path 1230 UTC on Saturday 529, but he was having trouble
picking out W and VE calls, though the small pileup was surprisingly polite and
orderly when I listened.  Did not hear any other LP stations, though there must
have been some.  Could not spend time looking.

Great fun. Looking forward to ARRL Ten-Meter contest.  Emil W3EP.