[3830] CQWW CW 9K2HN M/M HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Dec 3 20:33:40 EST 2014

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: 9K2HN
Operator(s): 9K2HN N4QS W6RGG AA7A KC7V N7CW G3XTT G4FON G4IRN
Station: 9K2HN

Class: M/M HP
QTH: KUWAIT

  160:   906    17       63
   80:  2247    30      102
   40:  2967    39      128
   20:  3770    39      152
   15:  2697    39      145
   10:  2741    39      144
-------------------------------

What an incredible experience.  Our host, Hamad 9K2HN, has built a wonderful
station including a full sized 4 element 40m beam, stacks on 10,15 and 20 and a
80m 4-square.   We added a 2 element phased broadside array towards EU/USA on
160 for TX, phased 700 foot .75 wavelength apart beverages to EU/USA, a 700
foot beverage to JA and a 500 beverage towards VK/ZL.  It was especially fun to
work 80/160 before the contest and give many a new one on those bands.

Ahmed 9K2QA spent all week with us and helped tremendously in keeping us fed,
entertained, and comfortable.  These are two wonderful people.  We had the
chance to meet many other local 9K hams and hopefully generated more interest
in CW.

We used a number of Expert 2K-FA amplifiers that are superb along with both
FT2000's and a couple of FT5000's.  We took apart Hamad's station and set it up
for a multi-multi environment then put it somewhat back to his normal after the
contest.

AA7A wrote this comment on our local reflector - We celebrated our visit with a
meal at a local restaurant on Monday after the contest. It is one of the best
feasts we've ever had. I can speak for the others on this one and say that it
will be one we all remember. Every so often, I would ask what it was we were
eating and our host kept tell us to just enjoy it and not worry so much what it
was. After a while, I stopped asking and simply enjoyed the incredible array of
tastes and textures.

Our host Hamad, 9K2HN, summarized everything pretty well when he stated that in
Kuwait all there really is to do is to eat and play radio. So, we did everything
there was to do to the limit on this trip.

Mike KC7V for the Voodoo Contest Group.