[3830] NCCC Sprint N6ZFO LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Dec 4 22:36:17 EST 2014

                    NCCC Sprint - Dec 5

Call: N6ZFO
Operator(s): N6ZFO
Station: N6ZFO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA

  160:   5      3
   80:  12      8
   40:  20     16
   20:  17     13
Total:  54     40  Total Score = 2,160

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Record for me tonight!  Must have been the flight of 5 beers at our new Brew
Pub, which had a "special invitation" pre-opening lunch today.

First time to beat n6ro when ken was even half-way serious.  Not sure what's
helping here, maybe the new 3-el 20 m beam, or perhaps the automatic antenna
switching provided to me by K6UFO.  Or maybe it was the beer.

4-bands with W7WHY.  Very pleased for #1 received from K9BGL, who I think had
his arm twisted by W9RE.  With a well-seasoned tennis arm Mike can probably
twist vigorously.  It's been a long time since the IL mult appeared.

All bands looked good.   Could hear a huge number of signals on 160m.  The
contest might well have supported a 40-minute length.  There was a w0yse on 160
who appeared to be scoping the band for tomorrow's ARRL 160 when he landed in
the middle of NS chaos.

73 Bill n6zfo