[3830] ARRL 160 N1CC SO Unlimited LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 7 09:23:42 EST 2014

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: N1CC
Operator(s): N1CC
Station: N1CC

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: North Texas

Total:  QSOs = 448  Sections = 73  Countries = 3  Total Score = 69,236

Club: North Texas Contest Club

Comments:

Rig:  Elecraft K3/100 160 Meter Inverted L $50' with 2 elevated radials.  No RX
antenna system.  WriteLog Version 11.22G.

Good experience with a 50% improvement over previous year.  More Sections, less
countries.  Friday Night late band opening to Western USA was great.  Band was
not in as good shape to my perception Saturday Night.  Picked up 2 of my 3
missing states for 160M WAS, still no Alaska.

Still looking into low-noise RX antenna solutions before proceeding with
solving the noise issue.  KH6LC was spotted several times by other Texas
stations, my noise floor was too high to pick them out of the "chaff"