[3830] ARRL 160 M5O(G3LET) Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 7 10:20:20 EST 2014

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: M5O
Operator(s): G3LET
Station: G3LET

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Pease Pottage, UK

Total:  QSOs = 238  Sections = 44  Countries = 0  Total Score = 21,032

One of my favourite events, helped by my 250 ft wire antenna, which slopes down
from a handy sequoia to the shack in a northwesterly direction.  Simple
station, K3 with KPA500 and the wire.  I have the parts for a K9AY loop but
still awaiting an opportunity to install, so my apologies to those I couldn't
pull through the noise.  Unfortunately there's no space here for anything
fancier for receiving.

The first night was pretty dire and never really opened, even towards
day-break.  Saturday night started out even worse, with little heard until
after 0200, after which things improved quickly.  KS was as far west as it got
though.  I felt that many of the usual EU participants had given it all up as a
bad job by midnight on Saturday and the band was deathly quiet for several
hours.

Thanks to all who called or responded - see you all next year!

73, Peter G3LET