[3830] ARRL 160 VE3CV SO Unlimited LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 7 17:55:10 EST 2014

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: VE3CV
Operator(s): VE3CV
Station: VE3CV

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: EN93el

Total:  QSOs = 335  Sections = 71  Countries = 8  Total Score = 53,207

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Couldn't convince myself to do a serious effort after the CQWWCW, so only put
two hours in on Friday night.  No West Coast opening.  Saturday was different
story....did all S&P and was kept busy from 9PM until 3:30AM, then 5:30 to
7AM.  This band IS addicting! Worked everything I could hear and the Beverages
worked well.  Need one to the SW!  Thanks to GW3YDX for #119 on Top Band.  5
pointers were XE2S,PJ2T, G4AMT, F5NTV, GW3YDX, M5O, and PA1DX.  EU opening for
100W was 0626 to 0706Z. EU sunrise seemed to work better for me than during the
CQWWCW.
Sections missed: ND, EB, PAC, SB, SDG, SF, AK, MT, MB, NL, NT, SK. Got up at
0930Z to work KH6LC, but he was not spotted until 1240Z and nada heard here.

Overall, very pleased with how the station worked and my effort to get the
three temporary 550ft Beverages installed were well worth the pain.  Now for a
rest from contesting on top band...see you all for the CQ160s in January.

FT1000MP  100W into 80 doublet inverted V at 50ft apex. 14 radials.
N1MM plus....a pleasure to use.  Thanks to the N1MM team.
73
Jeff  VE3CV