[3830] ARRL 160 W3DQ Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 7 23:51:53 EST 2014

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: W3DQ
Operator(s): W3DQ
Station: W3DQ

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Washington, DC

Total:  QSOs = 169  Sections = 45  Countries = 0  Total Score = 15,210

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

N3QE and I put up the K9AY loops on Friday in the rain. That was a warning of
things to come that we missed. In testing the array, something in the shack
smelled like it was burning. A puff of smoke came out of the control box. We
couldn't figure where it came from, so we unplugged it. The antenna did work
well (with its very effective bandpass filter), but only helped in the NE
direction, not where it would be particularly useful in this contest.

I didn't get on until Saturday night. Conditions were okay, although I heard
very few stations west of the Mississippi, and none in the Caribbean.

It was fun to get back on, albeit for fewer hours than I had hoped.

Looking forward to the CQ 160 'test next month.

Thanks for the Q's

Eric W3DQ
Washington, DC

Orion 565, Hercules II amp