[3830] ARRL 160 W1DYJ SO Unlimited LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 8 14:56:47 EST 2014

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: W1DYJ
Operator(s): W1DYJ
Station: W1DYJ

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: EMA

Total:  QSOs = 42  Sections = 26  Countries = 2  Total Score = 2,184

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Rig: TS-2000
Antenna:
------------
	80M shortened (loaded) dipole at 20'
	Fed with ~100' of RG58
	Calculated SWR at antenna: 1400:1 (EZNEC)
	Measured SWR at Rig: 5:1 >> loss of at least 1.5 dB
	Gain at 30° ~ -7 dBi (EZNEC)
	Total Loss at least 9dB >> Effective Power at antenna
		 no more than 25 watts and probably much less

LOG: N3FJP ARRL 160 Meter Contest Log Version 3.5

After having fun in my first CW contest (CQWW) I thought the
160 contest should be another fun challenge.  I don't have a
160 antenna -- see above -- but that just adds to the challenge!

Using the “C&P” approach: (Click on the band map and Pounce on the
F4 key) I was able to be somewhat effective. Thanks to all who
heard my small signal!

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ