[3830] ARRL 160 K7CA M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 8 18:44:01 EST 2014

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: K7CA
Operator(s): K7CA N7JW
Station: K7CA

Class: M/S HP
QTH: UT
Operating Time (hrs): 29:45

Total:  QSOs = 1330  Sections = 80  Countries = 7  Total Score = 256,998

Club: Utah DX Association

Comments:

It sure is nice not to have to listen to the S9 plus summer qrn that was the
norm for the last 8 years in CE1 land.  But it was nice being DX, even though I
was a bit of an alligator. Jim, N7JW and I were trying out our Utah site after
no operation there for 6 years and this was a dry run getting ready for the CQ
160 contest next Jan. We didn't have our multiplier station working so I'm sure
we missed a number of countries but had a great time anyway.  We missed PR, NL,
and NT for sections but worked 88 JA stations in addition to UA0 and HL. We are
either going to have to figure out how to stay up all night or get some more
operators as we missed a couple of hours of prime sunrise operation. The
propagation seemed very good to the East Coast and Japan.  See you all in the
Stew Perry.  73, Al K7CA