[3830] ARRL 10 NA6O SO CW Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 14 19:00:37 EST 2014

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: NA6O
Operator(s): NA6O
Station: NA6O

Class: SO CW Unlimited HP
QTH: Livermore, CA

   CW:  184    72
  SSB:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  184    72  Total Score = 52,922

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

TS-590, KPA500, vertical for TX, low dipole for RX. N1MM+
Noodling around for a couple hours here and there. Scored a few EU on Sunday
morning. Spotted fellow NCCCers and KBd whenever I could.

Invited a new ham, K6WAT, to try contesting. He operated SSB (under his call)
for a few hours Saturday. These were his first QSOs, ever. We practiced
face-to-face for awhile, then into the dummy load, and finally on the air. To
say he had a great time is an understatement. Now he's searching for an
affordable rig. Gave him a couple antennas, books, and all the advice I can...
Away we go!