[3830] ARRL 10 KB0EO SO Mixed HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 14 19:53:08 EST 2014

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: KB0EO
Operator(s): KB0EO
Station: KB0EO

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: Minnesota

   CW:  141    53
  SSB:  680   108
-------------------
Total:  821   161  Total Score = 309,764

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

Getting contested out...

After the last two CW contests (CQWW CW and ARRL 160 M), I decided to spend the
majority of my time on SSB. I also decided to do running only, unless I turned
the radio on and a station was on the last frequency I used.

A lot of good runs to the west coast - CA, OR, WA, AZ all coming in with big
signals. I also worked all of the close in states on backscatter, including ND,
SD, and numerous contacts to WI, IA, NE, MO, and KS.

Most of the CW contacts were made 3+ hours after sunset using meteor scatter -
very interesting conditions.

Thanks to all the MWA stations - always fun to hear the local team on the air.

Merry Christmas and Happy 2015!

Dan - KB0EO
Northfield, MN