[3830] ARRL 10 N5OE SO CW QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 14 20:45:13 EST 2014

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: N5OE
Operator(s): N5OE
Station: N5OE

Class: SO CW QRP
QTH: TX

   CW:  379    82
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  379    82  Total Score = 124,312

Club: DFW Contest Group

Comments:

Saturday was not good for me. Could not stay focused or in the chair as
the weather was too nice outside. So rather than contest it seems, I
felt it more productive to get out and install about 750 more feet of
ground radials under my 160m shunt fed tower for the upcoming Stew Perry
;) Was at about 100 Q's and 30 mults as of about 9pm(CST) Saturday eve.
Sunday was the time to get after it, woke up at 6am(CST) and was already
hearing DX on the band. By 7am(CST) this morning I had already worked
Brazil, South Africa, Nicaragua, Spain, Israel, and Italy on 5 watts.
That set the tone for the day as well as the mood. I was able to stay in
the chair most of the day and alternate between S&P and CQ for most of
it. All in all, this was a great contest for me and I think this beat my
own personal record for ARRL 10m QRP from NTX.