[3830] ARRL 10 N2IC SO CW HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 14 21:17:37 EST 2014

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: N2IC
Operator(s): N2IC
Station: N2IC

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: New Mexico

   CW: 2703   152
  SSB:
-------------------
Total: 2703   152  Total Score = 1,643,424

More fun and better condx than I expected. On Friday, I put up a vertical as far
from the monobander as practical, and off on the side when beaming eastern USA.
That allowed me to effectively listen on a 2nd radio during the 18Z-22Z period.
When I found something new on the 2nd radio, I would swap frequencies with the
main radio, allowing use of 1500 watts and the monobander.

Only heard 2 mults I didn't work, but probably missed some European mults -
simply didn't S&P during the short window that the band was open and
runnable to Europe. Only 5 XE mults - most of XE skips over Nuevo Mexico.

December is sure tough for common daylight between Europe and the western USA
!

Radios: TS-590S x 2, Alpha 76CA
Antennas: 6 el @ 30', KT36XA @ 75'
Software: N1MM Logger+

Thanks for all the great activity and QSO's !

73,
Steve